Cavendish University Uganda (CUU), which commenced operations in 2008 is a leading private University fully licensed by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
CUU is technologically driven with a user-friendly online learning platform and is one of the first Universities that was approved by NCHE to conduct open distance and eLearning.
The University seeks to recruit a highly motivated individual to lead its Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
A. Position Details
Job Title: Director Innovations and Entrepreneurship
Reports To: Vice Chancellor
Direct Reports: None
Key working relationships
Internal: Careers & Employability Officer, Faculty Deans, Staff, Students
External: Employers, Professional Bodies and (Non) Government Agencies
B. Main Purpose of the Job
Provide strategic leadership for the Centre for Innovations and Entrepreneurship (“Innovation Hub”) in developing programs that nurture innovation and entrepreneurship, create linkages and foster an environment that supports students and staff in accelerating their ideas, innovations concepts and unleash their potential to become social and economic change makers/entrepreneurs through service and product innovations.
C. Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high level strategic and operational support for the Innovation hub, including identifying grant opportunities and building the entrepreneurial ecosystem at CUU.
- Provide administrative leadership and oversight of special projects, direct activities, and facilitate key initiatives from inception to execution that involve stakeholders throughout the University.
- Responsible for creating opportunities and providing resources for staff and students interested in inventing, innovating, and commercializing their ideas.
- Build long term relationships and create strategic alliances with a variety of internal and external stakeholders such as technology business incubators, accelerators, economic development organizations/ corporate organizations, government agencies and industry.
- Collaborate with the School of Post Graduate Studies and Research in accelerating commercialization of research outcomes.
- Develop, track and analyze metrics relevant to CUU’s success in innovation, commercialization and entrepreneurship.
- Develop a network for training, coaching and mentoring within the Innovation hub.
- Lead, develop and motivate performance of human resources attached to the Centre for Innovations and Entrepreneurship (CIE)
D. Person Specifications
- Holder of a Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering
- At least 2 years’ post qualification experience in a busy commercial/operational/education environment
- Demonstrated success in project management in university or busy commercial environment
- Ability to interact professionally and communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and relationship management with the ability to navigate complex internal and external stakeholders and partnerships.
- A demonstrable role model who exhibits strong and effective people leadership skills, among others, through emotional maturity, growth mindset, constructive feedback, mentoring and coaching.
How to Apply
Suitable and qualified applicants should submit an application, updated CV, copies of relevant academic documents to the Human Resource Office Cavendish University Uganda Plot 1469 Ggaba Road or email to email@example.com. Candidates who submitted their applications earlier on need not apply.
Cavendish University Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer.