INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB ADVERT
Cavendish University Uganda (CUU), which commenced operations in 2008 is a leading private University fully licensed by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
CUU’s is Vision to be a Centre of Excellence, Innovation, and Transformation with a Mission to inspire students to reach their full potential in employment, entrepreneurship, and ethical leadership.
The University seeks to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual to fill the following position;
A. Position Details
Job Title: Dean of Students
Reports To: Vice-Chancellor
Direct Reports: Deputy Dean of Students
Key working relationships
Internal: Students, Faculty Deans, Professional Associations, Careers, and Employability Office
B. Main Purpose of the Job
The role holder shall serve as the primary administrative contact for matters relating to students’ welfare, conduct planning student’s social programs, and guild affairs.
C. Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare annual work plans and financial budgets for the Office of the Dean of students and direct the implementation of out-of-class students’ activities with professional organizations, cultural, spiritual, and other community engagements.
- Direct matters related to the operations of the student’s guild, accrediting and guiding the activities of student’s associations in line with policies and regulations of the University.
- Develop and implement policies and standard operating procedures to proactively address student issues and grievances in a conclusive and timely manner
- Implement the student’s handbook and code of conduct.
- Coordinate student events, meet with students regularly for mentorship, offer to counsel and support the personal growth of the students.
- Work closely with student leaders to address student’s concerns
- Maintain accurate data on student’s immigration status and guide student’s through immigration processes
- Implement co-curricular activities aimed at improving overall student experience, participation, and satisfaction and increasing University visibility.
- Provide students with quality engagement opportunities that model values associated with responsibility, entrepreneurship, and ethical leadership for their transformation.
- Work closely with the Careers and Employability Office to support student internship, training, and job placements, as well as, develop and implement a robust alumni relations program that purposefully engages alumni to cultivate meaningful relationships that positively impact the University community and build external relations.
- Work closely with the HR Office in recruitment, orientation, performance, and development of staff in the Dean of Student’s office.
- Handle student accommodation working closely with hostel owners and students to ensure the safety and health of the students.
D. Person Specifications
- A Master’s degree in either Sociology, Counselling and Psychology, Education Planning and Management, Human Resource Management, or related subjects, from a reputable university
- At least ten (10) years of working experience in Institutions of Higher learning preferably in students’ welfare, five (5) of which should have been at the senior management level.
- Past experience in working with students in a private university or similar institution will be an added advantage
- Prior experience working in a high paced and performance-driven environment
- Relevant experience working in a client-driven and customer-facing environment
- High resilience and adaptability working under pressure
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and ability to communicate clearly at different levels
- Good interpersonal skills and highly sociable
How to Apply
Suitable and qualified applicants should submit an application, updated CV, copies of relevant academic documents to the Human Resource Office Cavendish University Uganda Plot 1469 Ggaba Road or email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th April 2022.
Cavendish University Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer