TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES AT CAVENDISH UNIVERSITY UGANDA
Cavendish University Uganda (CUU), which commenced operations in 2008 is a leading private University fully licensed by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
CUU's is Vision to be a model University in Africa that delivers a transformative market relevant quality education that transforms students into Responsible, Educated, Employable and Entrepreneurial Citizens.
The University seeks to recruit competent and highly motivated individuals to the following teaching positions;
1. Senior Lecturers
The position holders shall be responsible for contributing to the design and development of the curriculum, deliver teaching and learning within the quality assurance framework with a major aim of delivering effective teaching and contributing to a scholarly experience for the students.
I. Senior Lecturers - Department of Public Administration & International Relations (two positions)
Required Education Qualifications
- PHD in a field related to International Relations, Governance, Security Studies, Public Administration
- Masters degree in Public Administration, Political Science, Diplomacy & International Relations or Security Studies
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, Political Science or Social Work and Social Administration
II. Senior Lecturer - Department of Journalism & Communication Studies (one position)
Required Education Qualifications
- PHD in a field related to Journalism and Communication
- Masters Degree in Journalism or Communication Studies
- Bachelors Degree in Mass Communication/Journalism
III. Senior Lecturer - Department of Computer Science & IT (one position)
- PHD in an IT related field
- Master degree in IT, computer Science, Data Management or a related field
- Bachelors degree in IT, Computer Science, Software engineering,
2. Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach, engage, inform and inspire students and colleagues through both physical and online delivery of classes
- Develop required teaching material for both classroom and online delivery and contribute to review and update of existing course content.
- Use relevant online resources to create blended learning experience
- Supervise graduate and undergraduate students research projects
- Create and maintain time for student's consultation and mentorship
- Prepare and administer effective continuous assessment tests and examinations ensuring to provide feedback for continuous learning
- Conduct research in particular fields of knowledge and publish findings
- Contribute to student's retention and enrolment through quality teaching and student's engagement
3. Essential Competencies
- Teaching experience at University of at least five years
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of curricula
- Ability to develop online teaching material
- Experience using ICT platforms for delivering teaching
- Excellent communication skills to include written and verbal
- Administrative ability or prior experience is desirable
How to Apply
Suitable and qualified applicants should submit an application, updated CV, copies of relevant academic documents to the Human Resource Office Cavendish University Uganda Plot 1469 Ggaba Road or email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 4th June 2021.
Cavendish University Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer