EXTERNAL JOB ADVERT
Cavendish University Uganda (CUU), which commenced operations in 2008 is a leading private University fully licensed by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
CUU’s is Vision to be a Centre of Excellence, Innovation and Transformation and its Mission is to Transform and Inspire students to reach their full potential through employment, entrepreneurship and ethical leadership.
The University seeks to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual to fill the following position;
- SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Reports to : ICT Manager
Direct Reports : None
Key working relationships
The Systems Administrator will work as part of the ICT Team and entire staff community
Main purpose of the job
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for the specification, selection, installation, configuration, system management, and operation of all server hardware and software for the University. The Systems Administrator will work as part of the Information Technology Services Team to maintain all server related assets applications and services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot Juniper and Cisco Routers, and switches
- Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot CUU’s network-based services: File and Print services, Email, Active Directory, DHCP/DNS/WINS and windows and servers, messaging and meeting systems.
- Configure, Maintain & monitor CUU’s internal data processing hardware and software
- Monitor and troubleshoot Facilities security access system.
- Provide and maintain documentation of backup processes and retention periods
- Provide Tier 3 support for customers and technical staff.
- Provide and test backup and disaster recovery processes and procedures
- Develop and provide training and technical documentation for IT staff members.
- Work with vendors in the research, development and implementation of server technologies.
- Servicing Telecommunications Equipment within the Campus.
- Refilling of toner cartridges.
- Work with department leaders in implementing new software and hardware technologies.
- Work with vendors in the process of troubleshooting escalated incidents.
- Work with the ICT Manager in implementing new server technologies
- Conduct any other duties commensurate with the position as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, specializing in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 3 years related experience in the field of Systems Administration
- Cisco Certified in CCNA
Desirable Competencies and attributes
- Communication and collaboration: ability to communicate and interact with diverse stakeholders both internal and external
- Flexibility – The job holder will often be required to work during weekends or overnight shifts and holidays as the duties may demand.
- Advanced Technical expertise in the use of computers and understanding of other IT related equipment
- Problem solving – should be able to recognize and resolve a diverse range of complex problems
- Innovative – Should be able to generate new ideas and solve complex problems creatively and in a systematic manner.
- Accuracy and attention to detail strong commitment for excellence, strives for continuous improvement and monitors quality levels.
How to apply:
Suitable and qualified applicants should submit an application, updated CV, copies of relevant academic documents to the Human Resource Office Cavendish University Uganda Plot 1469 Ggaba Road or email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 11th October 2021.
Cavendish University Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer