Cavendish University Uganda (CUU), which commenced operations in 2008 is a leading private University fully licensed by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
CUU’s is Vision to be a model University in Africa that delivers a transformative market-relevant quality education that transforms students into Responsible, Educated, Employable and Entrepreneurial Citizens.
The University seeks to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual to fill the following position;
A. Position Details
Job Title: Careers and Employability Officer
Reports To: Executive Director
Direct Reports: None
Key working relationships
Internal: Students, Faculty Deans, Dean of Students Office, Other Academic Offices
External: Employers, Professional Bodies, Training, and Recruitment Firms
B. Main Purpose of the Job
The role holder shall be responsible for the implementation of CUU’s Careers and Employability Strategy through applying discipline-specific knowledge pertaining to faculties to initiate workable partnerships and networks with employers and organizations for internship, training, and job placements for undergraduate and graduate students with the aim of delivering on the University’s mission of transforming students into Responsible, Educated, Employable and Entrepreneurial Citizens.
How to Apply
C. Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an alumni database
- Take a lead role in sourcing and initiating internship, training, and job placements to drive the employability of CUU graduates
- Initiate and build partnerships with employers to boost internship and graduate placement which have a positive perception of CUU
- Organize student coaching and employability sessions and workshops for developing employability skills and readiness for the workplace
- Conduct student interviews and assessment tests to guide student’s career choices.
- Seek sponsorship with potential sponsors/organizations to sponsor students at various levels during their programmes of study
- Liaise with Faculty Deans in integrating sessions in the curriculum that address employability skills sought after and relevant to the job market.
- Provide high-level reports, information, and presentations to both internal and external audiences that support employability partnerships.
D. Person Specifications
- Masters Degree in Counselling, Psychology, Human Resource or business-related discipline
- Prior experience working in a high paced and performance-driven environment
- Relevant experience working in a client-driven and customer-facing environment
- High resilience and adaptability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and ability to communicate clearly at different levels
- Previous experience in graduate recruitment or employee selection.
Suitable and qualified applicants should submit an application, updated CV, copies of relevant academic documents to the Human Resource Office Cavendish University Uganda Plot 1469 Ggaba Road or email to email@example.com not later than 15th March 2021.
Cavendish University Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer